Cheesy Ham-Penne Casserole Superbowl
A nice superbowl recipe to try !
* 16 ounces penne pasta, cooked and drained (measure 16 ounces uncooked, I use half of a 900-gram package)
* 3 cups cubed cooked ham (or use as much as desired)
* 5 tablespoons butter
* 1 teaspoon mustard powder
* 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or 1/2 teaspoon white salt)
* 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional or to taste)
* 1 small onion, finely chopped
* 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
* 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 3 cups half-and-half cream (or use half milk and cream)
* 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
* 4 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese (a little more won't hurt)
1.Set oven to 350 degrees F.
2.Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
3.Place the cooked penne and the ham into a large bowl; set aside.
4.In a medium saucepan melt butter over medium heat.
5.Add in mustard powder, black pepper, seasoned salt and cayenne pepper and onion, stir and cook for about 4 minutes.
6. Add in garlic; cook stirring for 2 minutes.
7.Add in flour and mix continously for 2 minutes.
8.Slowly add in the cream and 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese; cook stirring over medium-low heat until bubbly.
9.Reduce heat to low and stir in the cheddar cheese until completely melted.
10.Pour the sauce over the cooked pasta and ham; toss until well combined.
11.Transfer to a greased baking dish.
12.Sprinkle the top with about 1/3 cup or more Parmesan cheese.
13.Cover and bake in a 350 degree F oven for about 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
The Superbowl recipe of cheesy ham penne casserole is ready to serve...enjoy !