Dan's Superbowl Seafood Gumbo
Superbowl Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 Tablespoon of butter
- 2 Tablespoons of flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 pounds of chicken thighs
- 3 cups of chopped onions
- 2 green bell peppers diced
- 3 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 4 cups of chopped okra
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon of chopped herb: fresh thyme, fresh sage, 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 pounds of seafood (lobster, clams, crayfish tails, shrimp, scallops, white fish-sea bass)
Combine the following in a 12 quart pot.
Roux: Brown 2 tablespoons of flour and 1 stick of butter
Season chicken with salt and pepper. Brown chicken thighs over high heat in olive oil.
Sauté onions and garlic over medium heat in olive oil until translucent, add okra and bell peppers. Sauté for 5 minutes stirring constantly.
Add chicken and roux to the onion and okra mixture, add chicken stock, seasonings and let simmer for an hour.
20 minutes before serving, add seafood and let the gumbo simmer for 20 minutes.
Serve in a bowl with a side of rice. The superbowl recipe is ready to serves 10-15 people...enjoy it !